Are you planing a trip to Vietnam, giving yourself a chance to enjoy suitable climate, delicious food and hospitable locals? This Asian country nowadays attracts more and more foreigners applying Vietnam visa to enter and visit.
However, Vietnam also has a policy that allows citizens from some countries enter without visa. If you wish to be exempted Vietnam visa for your stay, you must be citizen or national of countries having exemption agreement with Vietnam. Let’s see Vietnam Visa Exemption list that foreigners should know.
Once coming to Vietnam, your heart will be caught by the beautiful landscape, hospitable locals. Many ancient towns, modern cities as well as delicious food will give you unforgettable memory. Although most of foreigners are required for a Vietnam visa, there are also has exemption: citizens from 24 countries are exempted from visa, thanks to the Vietnam Visa Exemption rule. Which countries are exempt from Vietnam visa?
Are Mongolian citizens required a Vietnam visa?
It is not a new knowledge that Vietnam Visa is a certificate which is issued by Vietnam Government. It allows you to enter or exit Vietnam within the time you register with the Vietnam Immigration department, any immigrant to Vietnam without Visa is illegal, so visa is usually stamped on your passports.
Normally, foreigners wanting to come to Vietnam all have to get Vietnam Visa. But there are some exceptions: Nationals of certain countries may visit Vietnam without visa for a period of time, here under is the list of countries and regions that have Vietnam visa exemption arrangements with Vietnam.
Vietnam visa exemption list
As of January 2019, regular passport holders from 24 COUNTRIES below DO NOT need a tourist visa for Vietnam:
|COUNTRIES||PASSPORT REQUIRED||MAXIMUM STAY|
|Chile||Yes||less than 90 days|
|Cambodia||Yes||less than 30 days|
|Indonesia||Yes||less than 30 days|
|Kyrgyzstan||Yes||less than 30 days|
|Laos||Yes||less than 30 days|
|Malaysia||Yes||less than 30 days|
|Singapore||Yes||less than 30 days|
|Thailand||Yes||less than 30 days|
|Philippines||Yes||less than 21 days|
|Brunei||Yes||less than 14 days|
|Myanmar||Yes||less than 14 days|
|Belarus||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Denmark||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Finland||Yes||less than 15 days|
|France||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Germany||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Italy||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Japan||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Norway||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Russia||Yes||less than 15 days|
|South Korea||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Spain||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Sweden||Yes||less than 15 days|
|United Kingdom||Yes||less than 15 days|
In case you country is in Vietnam visa exemption list, you are allowed to stay in this country in authorized period, if not, please arrange a visa in one of 2 ways: apply directly at a nearby Vietnam Embassy in your region or you can apply online through a visa agent to be issued a visa on arrival and get your Vietnam visa stamped at the airport.
Attention: whether you are required a Vietnam visa or not, your passport should have a validity at least 6 months prior to the trip or at least 1 month after visa expiry date and have at least 01 empty page left.
- The visitors traveling to Phu Quoc Island may stay without a visa for no more than 30 days. This visa waiver program is also applicable to those traveling to the island through any international ports of entry (air and sea).
- The holders of APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) are granted visa-free access to Vietnam for no more than 60 days.
- The citizens of Armenia, Algeria, Argentina, Bangladesh, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, Colombia, Dominican, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, France, Hungary, India, Iraq, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Myanmar, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Russia, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovak, Slovenia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE, Uruguay, Venezuela holding diplomatic or official passport may stay in Vietnam, visa free, for maximum of 90 days.
- The citizens of Angola, Azerbaijan, China, Croatia, Kazakhstan, Myanmar holding diplomatic or official passport are granted visa-free entry for 30 days
- The citizens of Afghanistan, Albania, Belarus, Cuba, North Korea, Nicaragua, Romania holding diplomatic or official passport are exempted a visa to Vietnam. The citizens of Uzbekistan holding diplomatic passport could stay in Vietnam for free visa for 60 days.
- The citizens of Czech, Estonia, Germany, France, Israel, Italy, Poland, Spain, and Switzerland holding diplomatic passport are granted 90 day stay without a visa in Vietnam.
- The citizens of Uzbekistan holding diplomatic passport are exempted a Vietnam visa for 60 days.
- The citizens of Iran are allowed to visit Vietnam without a visa for 1 month if holding diplomatic passport.
Some people wonder whether they need to apply visa or not if they want to stay longer than permitted period in Vietnam visa exemption list, the answer is yes.
Going to Vietnam may require foreigners to hold a Vietnam visa. Applying Vietnam visa on Arrival, you can get your Vietnam visa in everywhere no matter where you are. Let’s apply visa at visaonlinevietnam.com!
ww.VisaOnlineVietnam.com is operated by VIETNAM VISA SERVICE., Co. LTD VIETNAM with more than 18-years experience in visa service and 20-year in traveling arrangement. This website was set up to offer visa applicants the most convenient but cheapest services that meet the criteria of Quality, Safe and Secure; Reliability, Prompt Responses, Competitive Prices, and Customer-Focused Approach; save your time & money; Money back guarantees for declined applications.
In case there are any question, please do not hesitate to contact us at Hotline: +84 968 18 77 18/ WhatsApp: +84 – 982 879718 or Email: email@example.com/ Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/visaonlinevietnamcom/.